Safety Day 2016
20 May 2016
After holding a very successful and fun Safety Day in 2015 we decided to increase the challenge level and number of activities for our second VLP Safety Day which was held at Vita Liquid Polymers on the 20th May 2016.
We had 5 teams and ran 7 activities, these activities included:
- John and Lisa from GMP came in to give the team a speed awareness and driving safety talk.
- Matt from Smoothie Bike Company facilitated an exercise with the team which incorporated fitness and healthy eating into one fun activity. Matthew Draper, our Warehouse charge hand won the prize for the fastest time.
- Alison Vesey from the Vita Middleton site provided help and guidance on manual handling.
- Dawn from Radcat brought in a hazard spotting task for the whole team to sharpen up their observation skills.
- Kays Medical ran through first aid at home, teaching the fundamental life skills that we should all be aware of.
- Jeanette and Polly shared some insights into how inexpensive and easy healthy eating can be.
- Sunshine Events supplied us with crazy golf which made the team think about the different ways to exercise.
We finished the day off with a buffet and presentation from our Business Manager John Hannah. A great time was had by all and we look forward to the 2017 VLP Safety Day!